Building a Marketing Team
With the right team and technology, marketing can drive revenue for your organization.
Transform your marketing department into a revenue-generating machine by focusing on the core building blocks for success: people, structure/processes, and technology. Most important, we align your marketing team and your technology stack with your organization’s growth drivers to deliver better results.
The two biggest indicators of success for growth marketers are mindset and attitude.
How to Structure a Marketing Department
From the marketing leader to individual contributors, it’s critical to have the right skills. Here are some of the steps we guide you through to build a team capable of delivering business results:
Marketing Team Audit
- Develop personas and job descriptions for all marketing team roles and responsibilities
- Evaluate the skills and abilities of current team members
- Identify gaps and the steps to close them (training, hiring, outsourcing)
- Establish clear performance metrics
Marketing Team Structure
- Clarify the marketing team’s aspirations
- Map out which departments marketing needs to align with
- Assess the strengths and weakness of the marketing team culture
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of existing processes
- Identify issues and obstacles
- Identify the activity that should be stopped, started and maintained
- Create a common vision of marketing success
How to Select Marketing Technology
Technology without a strategy can be a waste of money and a source of frustration for the team. Your marketing team needs tools to execute faster, be efficient and prove ROI. We can help you scope your technology needs against use, functionality, cost, etc.
Marketing Technology Audit
- Evaluate the alignment of processes and tools with growth aspirations
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of current marketing processes
- Conduct a cost-benefit analysis of marketing technology tools for:
- Team Communication
- Marketing Automation/Email Marketing
- Social Media
- Website Analytics, SEM/SEO
- Content Management
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Creative Design
Deliverable: A Detailed Marketing Transformation Plan
At the end of the project, you’ll receive a comprehensive plan for transforming your marketing team. The plan includes recommendations for roles and responsibilities, structure, process improvements and marketing technology.
We recognize these plans can’t be implemented overnight so our team can step in to supplement areas until they’re built out.
Where Are You Within the 5 Stages of Marketing Transformation?
If you’re looking to tie marketing initiatives to revenue, you’re probably wondering how much time and resources this will take.…
Marketing Technology: The Best Tools for Growth Marketing
It’s easy to get excited about marketing technology and the potential of growth marketing given its laser-focus on connecting the…
Call (314) 469-3500 or fill out the form below