An industrial technology company wanted to build credibility with buyers to drive leads and sales, but lacked visibility in the trade media.
Belden is a B2B company that makes networking, connectivity and cable products. Surrounded by media-savvy competitors, Belden’s industrial IT and connectivity division wanted to position itself as the ideal communications networking partner by showcasing its expertise. The industrial marketing team wanted more visibility with customers and prospects to drive leads and sales, and ultimately increase demand for its new products.
Belden achieved a robust presence that included bylined articles and product placements in top industry trades, further establishing the company as a leader in a competition-heavy industry.
Belden called on Standing to develop a global thought leadership strategy that would gain visibility with customers, ensure the successful launch of its new products, and support lead generation and sales efforts. To accomplish this, we:
• Idenitified three key areas around which to drive visibility.
• Prioritized business and trade publications across six vertical markets.
• Created a year-long plan to ensure a consistent presence that also leveraged editorial opportunities and identified content gaps Belden could fill.
• Linked new product launches to content marketing assets to create a holistic thought leadership strategy that supported sales.
• Developed key messages and training for company spokespeople.
• Recruited top-tier editors and reporters to attend customer events.